Saturday, January 6, 2007

Re-Targeting





Have you ever had a close friend make a decision to move, then not tell you about it until the boxes were packed and the mail was forwarded? It has happened to me in the past. I had hoped never to experience that feeling of pain and rejection again. And I haven't had to...until today; Target is closing.



Oh, sure. They say they'll be back. In July. Right.



I haven't run out of drain cleaner, detergent, or plastic storage bags since I moved here 3 1/2 years ago. I have literally staggered down the street in the throes of flu, fever, or pneumonia to the never-crowded pharmacy. Birthday cards? No problem. Need new PJ's? No problem. Have a hankering for a DVD? No problem.

Until now.



We did find toilet bowl cleaner, fabric softener, and the other assorted cleaning supplies on our farwell visit today. It seemed weird, though, trying to snatch those things from the hands of employees intent on packing them away for shipment to a Target store that would actually be open.



And for this we didn't even get a discount.



I am seriously unamused.

No comments: