Tuesday, January 2, 2007

Case Re-opened



My flute case has been firmly closed since The Irish Tenors Christmas concert on December 13. This is the first extended break I've taken from practicing since August, 2005. Last Christmas break was consumed with rehearsals for The Ring with Long Beach Opera. It's been a straight run since then. Please don't misunderstand me. I am always grateful for the work. There comes a point, though, where burnout is inevitable and a vacation is mandatory.

Today, however, I was faced with this reality:



I need to learn this pile of music before the February 5th Faculty Woodwind Quintet concert at Azusa Pacific University. So my case was re-opened.



I haven't actually practiced my flute yet. I just opened the case so I could take a picture for this blog.



But Summer Music calls.




If you need me, I'll be practicing my flute.


No comments: