Sunday, January 20, 2008

It's The Small Things



How is romance kept alive in marriage over the long term?

It's the small things.

My dear husband Bob has been suffering from a bad cold. Unfortunately he was only able to take one day off from work before hitting the road again.

As I left for church this morning, Bob was preparing to rise from his sick bed for a long day of work in Ontario, Riverside, and other garden spots of Southern California.

He looked really sick. I was hoping that he would make it out the door okay.

I stopped by Trader Joe's after church to pick up some delicious treats for my ailing spouse. As I entered the house, I was greeted by this note left on the floor near the front door where I would be sure to see it (I later placed it on my music stand while I practiced):



It just melted my heart!

It only gets better.

Before he left, he made the bed.

It's the small things...



No comments: