Wednesday, April 4, 2007

R U a Lurker?

lurker: n.

One of the ‘silent majority’ in an electronic forum; one who posts occasionally or not at all but is known to read the group's postings regularly. This term is not pejorative and indeed is casually used reflexively: “Oh, I'm just lurking.”... When a lurker speaks up for the first time, this is called delurking. (The Jargon File, version 4.4.7)



I confess. I am a lurker.

I visit blogs, I read them, I enjoy them, I leave.

I don't comment.

I lurk.

I have delurked a few times.

beFrank can tell you I definitely don't lurk on his blog.

I am mostly too shy to say anything, though.

Sometimes I'm afraid the blogger I admire will think I'm a jerk.

I'd rather lurk than come face to face with that.

I'm going to try to change my ways.

I'm going to go outside my comfort zone.

I'm going to FACE MY FEARS!!!!

I'm going to think about not lurking.

Or maybe I'll just go practice my flute...

No comments: