Monday, April 9, 2007

Easter Interlude




My Easter began when the alarm sounded at 5:30am.

I'm fortunate to have a regular Easter gig at Our Lady Queen of Angels in Newport Beach.

I love playing my flute, and I especially love playing my flute during worship.

It was so encouraging to participate in two Easter masses filled with Life and the hope that comes through Christ Jesus, our risen Lord.

While I was being paid to play (you can't beat that), Bob was worshipping at our own church, The River Church in Bixby Knolls.

As soon as we both arrived home, we hopped (like bunnies?) into the car and headed north to my parents home in Whittier.


Doesn't my dad look great?

It's hard to imagine that he had major surgery just 3 weeks ago.

Mom always sets a beautiful table:

Way to go, Mom!

Here is Mom in the kitchen putting the final touches on her homemade Hot Cross Buns:

Mom and Dad are avid gardeners.

Their backyard is a Garden of Eden.

The cool weather revived the pansies:


Mom is also the most tender hearted cat lover on the planet.

Here are two of her brood.


We enjoyed a relaxed afternoon of great food, wonderful company, and golf on TV.

Hope you all enjoyed as pleasant an Easter Interlude.

No comments: