Sunday, January 11, 2009

Rehearsing Vixen

No, I haven't abandoned the blog.

I've been busy.

First I had to cram 3 acts of opera into my brain and under my fingers.

Then I had to begin to demonstrate that what I had crammed in had actually taken root.

I had my chances on Thursday and Friday when we joined back-lit conductor Andreas Mitisek for the first rehearsals of "The Cunning Little Vixen".


Here's my short sword...


and my complete arsenal.


I happily joined my colleagues in our first stab at this exciting music (okay, Mike doesn't look so excited).


Here is the weaponry to my immediate left:


Allan keeps the mood light:


We transfer our small ensemble into an even smaller parcel of stage at the Center Theater on Tuesday.

Until then, you'll find me in the practice room...

No comments: