Monday, May 14, 2007

Happy 2nd Anniversary to Us!

Bob and I were married 2 years ago today on May 14, 2005.

Here we are 2 years later:

We're spending a few days as tourists.

I was born and raised in Southern California, but I have never spent the night in a hotel near Disneyland. We figured it was about time to do just that.

We happened upon the Disneyland Band during their noon concert in Town Square on Main Street USA.

Our friend Kurt was conducting today.

We'll see a lot more of him in 42 days during the Long Beach Municipal Band season.


We got handed tambourines and got to play along with the band.

(I wonder if I violated Musicians Local 7 rules - I didn't get paid for playing and I'm a dues paying member!)

We saw Kurt later in the Pearly Band in front of Sleeping Beauty's Castle:


There's a new film coming out next week:


Guess what! The world premier is at Disneyland this Saturday.

Here is the big screen under construction:

Here are some piratey details:



Here is where the lucky guests will view the premier:

The screen is set up right in front of Tom Sawyer's Island:


After lunch at the Blue Bayou Restaurant (yes, it's in the Pirates of the Caribbean ride) we headed for our nice hotel:


We have a corner suite on the 6th floor.

We spent the rest of the day relaxing.

We'll continue our touristy adventures tomorrow.

I'll keep you posted!


No comments: