Monday, June 29, 2009

Muni Uni - The Reveal

The Long Beach Municipal Band met for the first rehearsal of it's 100th season this afternoon at Long Beach City College.

We were there to look over the more complicated music we would be facing in the next 7 weeks.

We were also issued our uniforms for the season:



A men's small seems mighty big to me.



I've got my cotton band shirts in the washing machine right now using hot water, and will follow with the dryer set on high heat in hopes of reducing the acreage.

I do this every year.

It never works.

No matter. It's HIGHLY comfortable, and I am far from fashion conscious.

If you want to see a whole bandstand in identical attire, please join us for the first concert of our 100th season tomorrow at 6:30pm in Whaley Park on the NORTH side of Atherton.

It's going to be a great summer!





No comments: