Wednesday, April 9, 2008

Beautiful Spring Day at Disneyland

Bob and I have been Disneyland Annual Passholders since we began dating almost 4 years ago.

We chose not to fool around before marriage, so we needed something that we could do together during our engagement.

Disneyland fit the bill.

We both still enjoy our trips to the park.

Unfortunately, I got sick the day after Christmas with a lingering malady that plagued me until right before my February recital.

Then Bob got shingles.

On Monday Bob came home from an early meeting and said, "Let's go to Disneyland!"

He didn't have to ask twice.

I quickly abandoned the laundry I was doing, donned a hat to cover my non-hairdo, gave the make-up the day off, and headed to the car with my honey.

It was Spring Break for someone or other so the park was a bit full.

We didn't care.

We came to enjoy the beautiful spring afternoon.

You think my (Muni Band) shirt is loud?

Check out our Muni Band colleagues Mark, Tim, and Kurt:

Now that's loud.

Kurt even gets to sing with Mary Poppins!

Bob and I soon made our way over to Rancho del Zocalo Restaurante.

It is tucked right next to Big Thunder Railroad and is seldom overrun with mouse-eared hordes.

I like the tostada salad:

It makes me smile:


The ride wait times were longer than we cared for, so we strolled over to California Adventure.

I wanted to see the new Pixar Parade (Bob sucked it up and agreed to watch it because he loves me).

It was actually adorable:

I love the Incredibles:


Aren't these guys the coolest?

The floats squirted water and blew bubbles:

To infinity and beyond!

After the parade we made our way back to our car (and hiked all the way to the top of the parking structure on the unmoving escalator!), content to ride the rides on another day.

Bob is out of town most of this week.

I miss him.

That's why we are so grateful for our beautiful spring afternoon at the Disneyland Resort!

No comments: