Friday, May 4, 2012

Progress

786676494

Opera Sweater 2 is taking shape, even as my hours of listening to and practicing  Ainadamar  are beginning to bear fruit.

I've been doing some work in the opera office. Friday I translated the score from Spanish to English. I've also spent a couple of nights taking notes for Andreas during vocal rehearsals. That's my favorite. I love hearing my friends as they break my heart with their transcendent arias, and listening to Andreas as ideas pour forth from his giant brain. I am so very fortunate to be there, drinking in every moment.

Next week my role will change as I assume the principal flute position with the orchestra. Right now, I'm more than content to be a fly on the wall as genius flows around me. I am so grateful to be a part of this.

No comments: