Monday, May 3, 2010

A New Season

The 2010 Spring Semester wrapped up for me this past Saturday with 4 hours of woodwind juries. The students played well, and the time was made even more enjoyable by the enthusiasm and musical insight of my colleagues. I made the FINAL COMMUTE home, turned in my final grades, and did the happy dance. Well, I would have done the happy dance if I hadn't been so fried from the pressure and stress of the last week of classes. Instead, I took a nap. Geezer!

Anne Frank rehearsals begin next Thursday. Without the commute and long hours of teaching, I've got plenty of time to work out, clean house, AND practice opera. What a concept. Of the three, practicing is the only thing that gets done with any regularity during the school year.

Bob and I are especially looking forward to our anniversary cruise a week from Sunday. As I mentioned before, the pleasure of anticipating this cruise has been worth the price already.

One of the things I've come across in my months of anticipation is this video of a cabin similar to ours on the Mariner of the Seas. I especially appreciate the, um, enthusiastic camera technique:



I have to say, he captures my feeling of excitement if nothing else.

And if May is here, can Muni Band be far behind?

I am so enjoying the promise of this new season.

No comments: