Saturday, November 15, 2008

Total Eclipse

The skies overhead are dark brown. The light filtering through has the same quality as during a solar eclipse.

Although we are many miles away from the new fires springing up in Orange County, the smoke and ash has quickly and heavily engulfed our neighborhood.

I will be making my way out to San Bernardino shortly for a rehearsal and evening concert with the San Bernardino Symphony. The route that I would normally travel is in the midst of the Corona/Yorba Linda fire and is completely shut down. I'll be heading north, then east on the 10 in hopes of a clear journey.

My prayers are with friends beFrank and and Darleene who are covering the fires for KCAL9/KCBS2 as well as all those who are fighting the fire and who have lost their homes.

I'll keep you posted.

No comments: