Tuesday, November 27, 2007

A Zippity Do Dah Day


My birthday is this Saturday.

Since Bob will be working in Rancho Mirage and I will be taking several APU flutists to the James Galway Master Class in Malibu, we spent the day at Disneyland yesterday to celebrate in advance.

We happened upon our friend Kurt conducting the Disneyland Band:

Muni Band colleagues Tim and Chris were also present:

Since I am known as Aunt Doda, the band played Zippity Do Dah in honor of my birthday.

That was cool!

It was a truly beautiful day. The skies were clear and the air was warm.

The castle has its new snow overlay (it is especially breath taking at night):

We had lunch at our favorite "casual dining" restaurant:

The canoes were in operation.

Who could pass up an opportunity like that?

I can't remember the last time I was in one of these:

About half way around, I wondered what I was doing in the canoe. That rowing is hard work!

We had a wonderful, laid back day strolling through the park and taking in the sights.

Now, refreshed and renewed, it's back to work!

No comments: