Wednesday, March 7, 2007

Surgery Project

My family has some surgeries approaching.

My dad Walt is having surgery to repair a nasty hiatal hernia early Friday morning.

(If it was a nice hernia he wouldn't need the work done!)


I've got several hours of surgery to look forward to on Monday myself.

I was instructed to bring a book or some other form of entertainment to keep me occupied while waiting for the lab reports between each surgery session.

I went out this afternoon to gather the supplies necessary for the most soothing activity I know:

Crocheting.

I have crocheted in orchestra pits during musicals, on stage during rehearsals (during the rests, not while playing!), on airplanes, at meetings, at hospitals, and, of course, at home.

There is something extremely peaceful about sitting quietly with hook and yarn, tying knots around the cares and worries that are burdening me.

Oh, I pray a lot, too.

The two seem to go hand in hand.

So I will be spending some quiet time during the next few days, praying and crocheting.

That will quiet me down.

Meanwhile, fret not.

I'll keep you posted on my surgery project.

No comments: