Thursday, March 8, 2007

Senior Flutist

A Senior Recital is a big deal.

It requires 4 to 5 years of preparation.



One of my APU students, Kim, gave her Senior Recital tonight.

She played beautifully.

Kim has been a student of mine for 5 years. We met the first week of her freshman year.

We have seen each other every week since then.

That will change in May when Kim graduates.


It is wonderful to walk along side students as they wrestle away with their flutes.

It is an amazing privilege to witness the transformation that occurs after years of hard work, dedication, and practice.

It is an acquired skill to be able to decrease as the students increase.

I've had a lot of practice at it.

I think I'm getting the hang of it.

Sort of.

Parting is such sweet sorrow.

Kim's accompanist Joel passed his oral exams for his Doctorate at USC this morning!!!


Kim is getting married on her 23rd birthday on June 23rd to this wonderful young man:


I know she will be well cared for.

What more could I ask!

No comments: