Tuesday, September 4, 2007

We Found Nemo!

Bob and I took advantage of our last day off and headed for The Magic Kingdom.

It was in the upper 90's, but clear and beautiful.

Bob had yet to find Nemo so we joined the queue.

I was grateful for the strategically placed umbrellas!

Little did we know when I snapped this picture...

...that the Argonaut would be the sub we boarded.

I love this view. It takes me straight back to my childhood. I remember looking at those barnacles and impatiently anticipating my "journey through liquid space".

Bob waits with more patience:

The water is a lot clearer than it appears in this picture:

After the ride that completely rocks, we headed for lunch at the Hungry Bear Restaurant.

We enjoy the river setting.

We walked straight on several other rides. There were no waits for anything but Nemo. We even cruised right into my favorite Disneyland ride, Indiana Jones. Why is it my favorite ride? I'll tell you about it sometime.

We then headed for California Adventure and our all time favorite ride, Soarin' Over California.

Our friend David happened to be working the ride today. It was great seeing him.

I still had to take care of some business, but it didn't take long. No one knew I was sitting on a bench near Monsters Inc wearing a Mickey hat.

We had dinner at Rancho del Zocalo Restaurante. It's an open air restaurant tucked away between Big Thunder Mountain and the shooting gallery in Frontier Land. The food is good and it never seems to be crowded. By then a breeze was trying to come up. It was lovely to sit outside and relax.

We had to find Nemo one more time before we left. We waited no more than 45 minutes both times we rode. It was well worth the wait. It's a fabulous ride.

Hope you too can find time to find Nemo!

No comments: