Monday, September 3, 2007

On The Road Again



It's time to morph back into the professional road warrior that lurks within each freelance musician.

I greatly enjoyed the summer hiatus. The farthest I got away from home was 7 miles. Working in the parks of Long Beach has many advantages.


Today, however, I made the 74 mile round trip to Azusa Pacific University. Classes don't officially start until Wednesday, but I was on a mission of fear: Flute Auditions.

It wasn't fearful for me.

Pity, though, the freshman flutists who just yesterday bid their family good-bye and moved into a completely foreign environment.

Today, said flutists are required to play for the flute professor they've never met (me) to determine their flute-playing fate for the entire year.

Yikes!

I am happy to report that each and every flutist walked out of the audition under their own power.

Meanwhile, the traffic was light.

I'm just getting warmed up...

No comments: