Friday, May 2, 2008

Disturbing Images


I have been jolted by some extremely disturbing images in the last couple of days.

This is not one of them:



It is no surprise to see fellow Whittier Cardinal Danny Romero forecasting the weather on ABC 7 Eyewitness News. He hasn't changed a bit since high school.

I was perusing the web page of my high school alma mater in search of the name of the current band director, however, when I stumbled upon a picture of this former classmate...



...and the announcement that Lori Eshilian was the new PRINCIPAL at Whittier High School.

PRINCIPAL???

She was a cheer leader and homecoming princess (and a wonderful, friendly young woman).

Now she's the PRINCIPAL????

Weird.

But not nearly as weird as this:

Fellow Whittier Cardinal Band member and trombonist Joe Vinatieri is the MAYOR of Whittier:



The MAYOR???????

Wake me up when it's over...

No comments: