Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Excellent Expo23 Experience


I wasn't sure what to expect from Expo23 at the Anaheim Convention Center on Saturday.

Bob was out of town and I was on a solo geek tour of all things Disney.

I was not disappointed.

I am looking forward to the new Cars Land, so was excited to see the scale models.



What I wasn't expecting was the Imagineers that are working on the project were actually there to answer questions about their project. No detail was too small, and they withheld nothing about the coming adventure.

Very, very cool.


This audio-animatronic stuff creeped me out a little:




I heard about the castle being built with donated canned items so I brought a few myself.


I wasn't prepared for this level of artistry:


I was excited to hear about the new things in store for the parks.


I didn't expect to see Darth Vader:


Here's what we saw:





My favorite part of the day was The Princess and the Frog presentation. No cameras were allowed so I can't share the stunning images we were amazed by.

Hand drawn animation vs computer aided is like a live symphony orchestra vs a synth.

There is no comparison.







No comments: