Tuesday, January 30, 2007

Rim to Rim Memories


Now for a show of hands. How many people recognize the agonizing switchbacks of the Bright Angel trail ascending the South Rim of the Grand Canyon?

FlutePrayer re-visits Grand Canyon years after fateful hike.


Oh sure. I'm smiling now.

That's because I hiked the Grand Canyon rim to rim and lived to tell about it.


This is the view of the North Rim from the South Rim. We started on the North Rim and hiked to the South.

Due to lack of thoughtful planning, we managed to hike 25 miles in 48 hours. Hiking out by moonlight seemed like such a good idea at the time.

That was many years ago, but the memories of gale force winds blowing away all our camping gear in Indian Gardens are still fresh.

Indian Gardens

We all lived to tell about it, but I never hurried back to try it again.

I'll probably regale you with the long version one day. But not tonight.

Tonight I've got to practice my flute.

No comments: