Tuesday, January 16, 2007

beFrank's Brother


Marcel Frank Jr (left), Bryan Frank (right)

photo from beFrank's blog

I've never met these two men. The one on the right is the mighty blogger who inspired my own blogging adventures, beFrank. I hope one day to meet the man behind the beFrank blog.


Bryan has become a part of the family. I check his blog daily to see what he and his lovely wife Dellis and their children have been up to. I leave the occasional (well, more than occasional) comment, and Bryan is always faithful to comment back. He is a brother in Christ, and he feels like a brother in fact as well.


The man on the left is Bryan's big brother Marcel. Marcel passed away on Sunday, January 14, 2007 at the age of 46.


I was getting ready for my first day of teaching back at Vanguard when I popped by beFrank's blog to see what he had been up to. I burst into tears when I read what had happened. I am so very sorry for his loss. It is a loss for all of those who surf by his inspired blog.


I didn't even know what a blog was a year ago. Now, thanks to Bryan generously sharing snapshots of his family, my life has been greatly enriched. I have laughed with them. I have rejoiced with them. Now I weep with them.

No comments: