Monday, June 28, 2010

Escape


The first Long Beach Municipal Band rehearsal is tomorrow, with the first concert of the season on Wednesday. Bob and I will be occupied with 4 concerts a week until August 13. We're both working most weekends as well. On Tuesday, August 17 I'm undergoing major surgery with a 4 week recovery that puts me directly into the new semester at APU.

With all that in mind, I've been keeping my eye on the AP (Annual Passholder) rates for the Grand Californian Hotel at the Disneyland Resort. Last year's stay was so peaceful and restful that we've been longing for a return visit. Yesterday we struck gold with a room rate only $4.00 more per night than our incredible rate from last year. We've signed up for 5 nights starting at the very end of August. I'll be able to continue my recovery in style, and we'll both be able to soak up the peace and grace that is the Grand Californian.

When beginning a long period of hard work ending with a serious medical procedure, it is wonderful to have an escape planned!

No comments: