Wednesday, December 19, 2007

Alarming Wake Up

Understand this. I am not a morning person.

When my dear husband Bob and I initially became interested in each other, one of the first questions I asked him was, "Are you a morning person?", knowing that if the answer was in the affirmative the relationship would be over.

Fortunately he chuckled and replied that he most definitely was of the night persuasion. We were married 10 months later.

Which brings us to the present day. Bob and I are on a little get away; a chance to rest, relax, and sleep in before heading to our decidedly morning oriented relatives in Atascadero (I love you Christy Lurker Trupe!!!) for Christmas.

I was (I kid you not) dreaming of a SWAT team lobbing tear gas at a house when the nightmare became reality.

BRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!!!!!!!!!!!!!! BRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!!!!!!!BRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

"THIS IS AN EMERGENCY!!! PLEASE EXIT THE HOTEL IMMEDIATELY!!!!!!!!!!!!!! PROCEED TO THE NEAREST EMERGENCY EXIT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! DO NOT USE THE ELEVATORS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Whaaaa?

Hmmmph?

..time is it?....

5:59am...?...zzz....

Okay.

We quickly donned footwear and obediently headed for the nearest emergency exit along with hundreds of other hotel guests (the majority with very young children) all in various forms of nightwear.

We made our way down 5 flights of stairs and out into the wet morning.

I was already suspicious. I had read a review of this hotel on Trip Advisor complaining of 3 false fire alarms in one night.

We were comforted to at least hear the siren of an approaching first responder:


Apparently they were skeptical as well.


Only 3 firefighters actually entered the building:

Here it is: An exclusive shot of FlutePrayer before 6:15 in the morning!

After about 20 minutes the all clear still hadn't been sounded, but no additional trucks had been rolled to the scene.

The lines to the elevators were worse than the ones to Finding Nemo.

We took the stairs up 5 flights (fortunately I have been working out).

I caught this picture of the firefighters as they road the elevator down:

Were they mocking us?

P.S. The fire alarm has gone off 3 more times since then.

Alarming, isn't it.


No comments: