Wednesday, May 2, 2007

Quintet Road Show Part 2: The Carpool is Leaving When?????

"The carpool is leaving the Myrtle Avenue Park and Ride in Monrovia at 7am."

What?

Did I mention that I'm not a morning person?

The APU Faculty Woodwind Quintet hit the road for Part 2 of it's roadshow early this morning.

I left the house at 6am.

Ouch.

We were grateful to escape wall to wall morning commute traffic to something more scenic:


We had a 9:40 concert at Bakersfield Christian High School.


Mr. Cross, director of the school's excellent band, welcomed us:


The bleachers went from this:



...to this:


This was my post for the morning:

After the concert I got to meet the wonderful and talented Bakersfield Christian High flute section (Hi Ladies!):

I even rubbed shoulders with "Frederick" and "Mabel", stars of this weekend's school production of "Pirates of Penzance".


Before heading home we hit the best burger place anywhere:


We needed to fuel up for Quintet Road Show Part 3.

But first, I'm back in "Siam" tonight.

I really love my job!

No comments: